Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Chinese New Years

So how's the weather from where you are? Here in Fargo, we currently are experiencing a blizzard! It is so bad that they have already called in and canceled school for tomorrow. I thought that winter would be done by now but guess not. This has probably been the most snowfall at one time that I have seen.

Anyways onto a different topic. 

Happy Chinese New Years! Chuc mung nam moi (happy new years in Chinese). It is officially the year of the snake. This new years marks the very first new years where I wasn't with my family. It just feels really weird and to think that I have more of these to come in the future. Before leaving college I never really knew what missing my family would be like because I never had that feeling before. Even when my mom would go out and travel for one to three weeks, it meant nothing to me. Now though, they mean everything to me. It just feels so weird and sadly it has only been about a month since I've last saw them but still. I miss them so much right now. Next weekend, president day weekend, I plan to go home and visit some friends but sadly I wont be able to see my mom because she will be in Ireland. I haven't told anyone yet that I would be coming home mainly because I'm not sure that I can find a ride home or not.

The other day I went to a basketball game here at NDSU, the first non football sporting event i went to. It was pretty cool but it wasn't like anything I thought it would be. Well it was weird, anytime we were score points the entire crowd would cheer loudly. It could be from a simple layup to a swish from the 3 point line. Shouldn't a layup be normal and not something that should be exciting? I think the worse part about it was during the half time show. It was high school dancers dancing but that wasnt the worse part. The worse part was that they look liked sluts, 12 year old sluts. They wore the tights that looked like fishnets and they danced as though they were in a club trying to hook up with guys. Nothing seem too coordinated at all.

Lastly my blog here wouldn't be a normal blog without talking about my friends. Recently three of my close friends moved into an apartment together and I cant wait to see it. The best part about it is that they all have girlfriends now too! They are starting to make a name for themselves. Another is out at UND but I don't really know much about what is going on with her. All I know is that she is on her way to pursing what she wants to be. We can't forget about preggers. She is two months away from popping it out. Then we have the guys out at Carroll and UMD. Sadly though I know nothing of what they are doing or how they are.  Everyone seems to be on their way to being successful. Then there's me. Ever since I have came here I have done nothing with myself. I haven't done anything that would bring me closer to becoming a pharmacist. Urg.
Then there is this girl that I kind of like as well. And I have no idea what I want to do with this feeling. Im in a  tough spot right now. Can't say much about this except she is "short" well about average for a woman. More to come about this relationships and feelings in the next post.

Anyways Keeping you confused as I am
 till next time

No comments: