Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One Odd Dream to Reality

So right now I should be writing a paper for my English class, but instead I'm here updating my blog while watching the super bowl commercials on YouTube. It got me thinking, people and players get pumped for this day. Players dream of the day that they can perform on the big stage with millions watching them.Sure I had a dream like that once. Dreams are dreams and sometimes you just have to go back to reality.

Before we head back to reality though, I had this crazy dream the other night. It wasn't one complete dream but instead it was a bunch of different parts to it. It started off where my friends and I were sitting around and we were talking, making small jokes and then one of the girls leans over to me and ask "would he really do that" I was shocked that she would ask me that and I just told her back " I have no idea but who knows unless you make the first move." After that all I remember was that there was a closed door. It then went to another place and I was jumping out of a plane. When I was about to jump for some reason I couldn't and when I looked down I had no bones. I was just a blob of skin jumping out of a plane. I had a couple of dreams like before it was over.

Once a dream is over, back to reality we go. Sometimes reality is like a dream and other times reality sucks. My reality is pretty mellow right now. Just an average college student that tries and study and get good grades. I'm not one of those students that you see on TV that goes out and parties all the time, just an average student trying to get through college. When I first got here, I was so excited to go to parties and make "poor decisions" but as time when on I found out that parties aren't really my scene. I don't really party hard with people I don't know. The worst part about it was that I didn't know anyone at all. I had no one to go to when I first got here. That may have been the worse part but the sad part was that I am a shy kid so making new friends and talking to new people isn't really my forte. Slowly I started meeting people and soon they became my friends, although who would want to be friends with me :P. I had found friends that I could kind of relate to at home. Maybe not the same as home but this is the best that I got. I can see myself being friends with these people for a very long time. But what really is a long time? Is a long time just a couple of hours or a couple days? Maybe its a year or better yet a lifetime. Who knows but why think that far into the future. What better time than to live in the present. The present here though isn't as great as one may seem. It has been cold and miserable in Fargo. Sure when you first look at the weather it isn't that bad, five degrees out or even -15 degrees out. What you really have to look for when you look at the weather out here the wind. The wind is just horrible. The other day there was 45 mph winds and a couple days ago it was 30 mph winds. So just imagine your -15 degree plus 30 mph winds, you are now freezing your face off.

At times like these, I just love to think about summer! Summer, a time where you have nothing to worry about and life is good. You got bikini, beaches, sun, boats and tons of fun with friends. This summer I want to make it as epic as I possibly can! These are the fun things I want to do by the end of summer

  • Skydive! 
  • Cliff Jumping
  • More Paint balling
  • Learn how to wake board
  • Go to some concerts!
  • Go on a road trip with friends
  • Party!
  • Have bonfires
  • Just living life as it should be
  • Travel

And the not so much fun things that I plan to achieve
  • Taking the PCAT
  • Going to summer school with Organic Chemistry 2
These list could go on and on forever but this is what I want most to do this summer. It is kind of like a summer bucket list. 

Well it is getting kind of late now as it is 2:30 in the morning and my battery is just about dead, So I will talk to you guys soon (: 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're totally skydiving. And yes, summer is 10x better.